Loving people to Jesus by providing a valuable, enriching Bible class experience for our children.
Our goal is to provide children with a foundation of faith on which they can build their lives: to teach them Bible basics, how to use their Bibles to study for themselves, who God is, and that God loves them and wants a relationship and a response from them. Ultimately, we would like to instill in them a hunger and thirst for God and His Word.
Ministry Leaders: David Simpson & Christina Henderson
- Research, evaluate, select, and order appropriate curriculum that meets ministry mission/purpose statement
- We currently use the Bible Study Guide for All Ages curriculum that we purchase from 21stCentury Christian.
- Coordinate children’s Bible classes
- Evaluate how many classes we need and what age range each class will contain based on the number and ages of children in the congregation, specifically those that attend Bible class.
- Find qualified teachers for Sunday morning children’s Bible classes
- Recruit teachers that are baptized believers who are interested in and capable of handling a small group of children
- Hold teacher training workshops as needed
- Recruit/train enough teachers so that no teacher is over-used or burns out
- Distribute curriculum to teachers (includes maintaining and changing out Cradle Roll materials)
- Explain curriculum and expectations to teachers, as needed
- Make sure teachers are aware of available supplies
- Communicate with parents via email, phone, and in-person conversation
- Let them know our goals and expectations
- Encourage them to bring their children to Bible class on a regular basis
- Teacher appreciation
- Recognize teachers once per year with a small gift of appreciation for their commitment and service to the next generation of Christians
- Maintain and purchase necessary supplies for classrooms
- Maintain teacher supply room